I had several folks ask me what the color was that I chose for my 
niece Miriam and her hubby, Ross's living room.
I didn't remember....
 I didn't write it down.....
But Miriam knew!!!!!
So, now I can share with the class.
Benjamin Moore HC144.
It's a very pretty blue.
Yes in deedy do!
the room is coming along.
We chose a blue and brown and cream fabric for the draperies.
Don't worry, the rug is being changed.
We found it at Calico Corners.
It isn't a light weight drapery fabric, but a heavier weight upholstery fabric.
However, I am a rule breaker, and I used it for the draperies.
I found some fun looking rods from West Elm.
They look like plumbing pipes.
They looked almost as good in real life.
The elbow couplings are part of the end part, molded all together, not as clearly separated as their picture shows.
I'm the only one who would care about this kind of #$%..... 
I bought some oiled bronze rings from that very exclusive shop.....
Home Depot.
Since the fabric was so thick, I didn't like the way it gathered in a rod pocket, so I changed the design to having it hang on the rings, that's when I found the drapery rods, and convinced asked Miriam if rings were OK?????
Because she's clueless so agreeable, she said yes!!!
I sewed small pinch pleats at the top of the drapery headers.
Then sewed the rings in between the pleats.
It was hard to sew it through all that fabric and get my big fingers in that little space...........................
Then I realized just how stoopid I was.....
and figured out that if I sewed the rings on first, and then pleated the fabric.....
I only pleated the fabric on every other ring, as the panels would have been too narrow otherwise.
Since the fabric was a heavier weight than normal, I only made the drapery panels one width wide.
It was a lot of work.
Then I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a steamer.
Steaming and dressing in the draperies are a very important part of making them look good.
Dressing in the draperies is what the big dealio guys do to make their windows look spiffy.
It is how you arrange the fabric of the draperies once they are hung.

One they were all sewn and ready.....
I brought everything over to Miriam and Ross's house.
The three pairs of draperies as well as 
all the tools needed to hang these suckers!!!!!
I had charged up my drill and was rearin' to go.
Ross doesn't like to think how to do this stuff.
He feels it's over his head.
He's wrong, he's a natural.
I put him to work, and the boy just shines.
Here are Miriam and Ross putting up the first panel.
I was having a really good time, 
'cuz they was doin' evera ting I was askin'!!!!
We got the first window done, and were
very excited!!!!
This is going to look great once I get the damn slipcovers made for the pink striped chairs.
Oh, yeah, and place the new rug.
Once again....
Perla the wonderdog is a big help.

Then it was time to hang the wall sconce that was going over the sofa.
Since the sofa was a sectional, there was no way to have a lamp in the back corner.
We found this one online.
First we put up the backplate.
The reason I'm showing you this.....
is because we didn't realize it came off when we started, and we were having a lot of trouble hanging it on the screws.....
It was really easy once we realized that the back plate came off.
Then it was just a matter of attaching the plate and them setting the sconce in place and tightening the side screws.
Here's a shot of the draperies up, and the sconce hung.
Now we just need the slipcover for the sectional......
And a different rug......
And stuff on the walls......
Ross liked the new room, especially with a new beer!!!!
here's a side by side of the room with and without draperies.
It's slowly getting there.
The important thing is that the kids are happy.
OK, that's a lie.....
The important thing is that I always have projects to keep me busy.....

On that note,
Latah, Gatah


Post a Comment