Before we go any further with my niece Miriam's living room, assuming there is any further to go.......
Let's recap with progress pictures of the journey so far.
At this point it looks like this!!!!!
We still have accessories and the footstools to do, but it's coming along.....

I started with the room like this.....
Side by side comparison!!!
Another one!!!
Here's a progression!!!!
first we added the board details to create the cottage paneling look.

Here's the view down towards where the sectional would sit.
They had placed their TV there, which was WRONG!!!
So, I moved it for them, because I am always right!!!
Paneling added.....
Room painted with some of the new furniture.....
Draperies installed, made by moi!!!
Found a rug!! Laid it down!!!
The dog was no help at all.....
FINALLY got the right slipcovers.
I am going to recover the ottoman in a different fabric, too much white for me.
Now....
in the other direction....
this was the sad before.
We added some woodwork....
Added some paint....
Found some Craig's List chairs....
And I made the slipcovers!!!!! As well as the draperies!!!!!
Here's the before of the bookcase by the door to the screened in porch.
Miriam and Ross needed a place for their outside dog walking stuff, for walking the dog outside!
So I removed some shelves and added some hooks.
Miriam needed a piece of furniture to store more stuff.....
So I found this and painted it for her.
What a contrast!
Ross needed a space for his big manly TV, so I designed it for him, because I will need these two to take care of me when I'm old and decrepit.....
right???Ross and Miriam????
Hello!!!! Are you listening????
This is the before.
Here's a construction progress shot.
Testing that the TV fit....
Nobody trusts me, jeesh.
Waiting for the draperies and rug.
Waiting for the chair slipcovers...
Waiting for a good TV show....
We still have a lot more to do, but it's looking pretty and the kids are thrilled.
I am in the process of doing the little table I'm giving them for the left side of the sectional.
I thought it would be an easy redo.
I am always wrong about this stuff.....

On that note,
Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top