Like everyone in this ORC Challenge, problems do arise.

 For us it was with the room arrangement.

We originally had the bed on the back wall like this...
BEFORE
ORIGINAL ROOM LAY OUT

I originally wanted this lay out....
REVISED LAY OUT
But when we painted, and placed the bed on the same spot...

Uh-oh?! I didn't like the way it's looking
I didn't like how it looked because I realized the huge foot board 
of the bed got in the way of 'seeing' the actual bed!

And of course, since the bed is usually the focal point in any room, I wanted it to be seen. Plus, originally, I wanted the bookshelves on both side of the bed, however, lighting was an issue. I wanted to use the lamps that were originally in the room  so having the bookshelves on both side plus side tables didn't seem to look good to me.

So this bed made a move , can you guess where? I'll show it in the reveal.

Second problem - I THOUGHT WE HAD 2 MORE WEEKS BEFORE ORC REVEAL!!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHH!

And since I was gearing up for one more post before next week, your gonna be in for a longer post this week. So let's start.
Fist off,  I got busy upgrading some furniture!
Remember this?

My $5 Marshall Fields Mid-Century Dresser 
It did this upgrade....

Yup, it's gone navy too

Love the grooves on the drawer

But too plain, so added this gold


Since I'm a 'lazy' DIY-er, I spray painted this whole thing using 2 cans of Valspar Spray paint !
Love this spray paint and would recommend it if you plan to spray paint furniture since it DOESN'T DRIP! Really easy to use and I painted the gold using Martha Stewart Antique gold paint and brushes.

And here it is now...


We used the same gold bar handles we used for our kitchen, added a couple of coats of polyurethane and viola! Come to think of it, one handle (which cost $9.40) cost more than the whole dresser itself! :-)

I also HACKED THE LACK!


BEFORE

AFTER
I used 2 old IKEA LACK tables, one black and one brown, had hubs screw the top of one to the bottom of the other and then sparyed the same VALSPAR spray paint + multiple coats of polyurethane! Plan to add castors later on for easy moving. :-)

I think this Parson look-a-like is pretty awesome & easy!

Next, I've been doing a lot of shopping...

Very Practical TARGET option 

Pillows on clearance

Got lucky Globe shopping at the Thrift - $3 a piece
.. and Decorating!

Book Ledges
Study area

TV area

I hope you guys check out the reveal next week since I think looking back at all the progress made in everyone's space, this is gonna be one of the best ORC Yet!

Hooray! Now, go out and have some fun this Halloween after your check on the others progress!!


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Linking back to...

Calling it home


If you want  to see the evolution of this space click on the LINKS BELOW...



Also Linking back to these other Fabulous Parties...


This project was also featured at...

Featured At Serenity Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top