One of  the projects I wanted to finish as well was our Mudroom/Coat Closet.

You must think I'm crazy tackling this space along with my sons bedroom at the same time, but you know me, right?! :-)

Anyway, It's a small niche to the right  as you enter our kitchen from the back.

This is what it currently looks like...

Functional but really BLAH

The wire shelving is not cutting it for me

So many wires and that 'ugly' electrical box
And a useful but also not-so-nice-to-look-at shoe rack
The space served it's purpose well in the past, but it's just time for a change.

With my new kitchen and all, I wanted this space to get some TLC too!
 In figuring out what to do with this space, I listed some of the things we use it for, particularly for the Fall/Winter season:

1) A  place  for our coats, jackets & other winter weather paraphernalia
2) An area for my kids backpacks
3) Catch-all for keys, sunglasses, wipes etc.
4) A place for the kids and my hubs shoes (Mine are in our master closet) & slippers
5) Easy access for umbrellas and hats

However, with such a long an narrow space, I could not fit any Hall tree or bench in there. 
So, here's  how I want this space to have...

PB New York Shelf & Clothes rack

Better looking coat rack doesn't hurt right?

One of these Round Carson Metal mirror
Yes, have to have a small mirror for last minute touch-ups
source
A small floating shelf to place sunglasses etc. along with a key and mail holder.

I also wanted this cabinet for shoes
Hemnes Shoe Cabinet from IKEA
However because of the narrow space, it would just make the room too tight.
So I'm still thinking of other ways to store the shoes.
Baskets or usual shelf shoe storage...

Seagrass basket
Shoe Rack


Anyhow, I also need to paint this space up too. The cream has got to go too.

Keep your fingers crossed !

Have a Wonderful Day!

*VEL* 

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top