Well, campers!!!!!
For those of you who asked about where we got the rugs for this room.....
I'm sorry that I forgot to give you that info.
They are from Ballard Designs.

OK, now onto today's wonderful post.
I finally finished the #$% pair of slipcovers for my Niece Miriam's living room.
Sooooooo.....
Yesterday, I coerced asked my buddy Kris if she would please, please, please care to take a ride up to Miriam's with me to see the room?????
Oh, yeah, and maybe on the way we could stop off at the sewing machine place and drop off my machine, 'cuz it's started to make a strange clicking sound.....

Sooooooooooo...........
my lovely buddy agreed, not realizing that she would have to:
  1. help me carry the chair I had been using to make the slipcovers, down the stairs from my sewing room and out to my car.....
  2. put the sectional slipcover on, once we got to Miriam and Ross's house.
  3. wait while I photographed the room.
  4. tell me how talented I am.
  5. tell me what a great friend I am.
  6. tell me what a great aunt I am.
  7. tell me what a great human being I am.
  8. tell me that if I were an alien from outer space, I'd be a great alien......


For anyone who has ever put a slipcover on a sofa, you know what a pain in the @$$ it is.
this was no exception.
I informed Kris, that I had now had my exercise for the day.
Sooooooooooooo.....
With no further ado, I will now unveil the room in all it's slipcovered glory!!!
 This is a great shot of the back of the slipcovers that I made for the chairs, if I do say so myself!!!!!
These chairs looked like this.....
From the front.....
They looked like this.....
And now, they look like this!!!!!
I even made the seat cushions puffier!!!!!
In my next post, I'll show you how I did that.
For those of you who get bored by my sewing tutorials.....
Be forewarned.
My next post will show how I made the slipcovers.
Just a word of caution.
As you can see, I still have the footstools to do.
The little one on the left is going bye bye.
I was careless when I made advised Miriam to buy it.
I wasn't careful about matching the size.
But I've snagged another on Craig's List that I am going to pick up tomorrow.

Sooooooo now lets turn around and see the sectional!!!!!
Remember, it was in a brown ticking stripe that a lot of you already liked.
Well, 
now it's in an off white fabric that I feel works better.
Now I want to change the cover on the ottoman.
I'm thinking of using the drapery fabric.
I brought over the floral, so we could see how it will look as toss pillows on the sofa.
I had Miriam order a sample of the blue and brown braided rug.
This was my first choice, originally, before we found the rug that Ross and she bought.
It's much darker, so would make the room feel darker, but it would be more forgiving with dirt and the digging toenails of Perla the Wonderdog.
However,
Ross hates braided rugs.
And it's very dark.
And we love the blue and white rugs.
But they're already getting dirty.
I suggested to Miriam that
THEY WIPE THEIR FEET BEFORE THEY COME IN THE HOUSE!!!!!
She claims that they do, but that Perla doesn't.
I informed her about the wonderful invention of towels.
I used to wipe my dogs feet off if they were muddy WITH A TOWEL.
MY dog never digged the rug.
Well, Perla turned out to be a digger.
She's messin' with my decoratin' darn it all.
Anyway,
back to the room.
Now that we have the basics in place, it's time for the layering of color and texture.
I had this watercolor from my beach house.
It is a favorite of mine, but I had no place to put it.
This is what family's for.
You still get to see the thing you love, but can clean out your house.

I am looking for a little table to go next to the sofa by the fireplace.
I had this little stool, kicking around in my basement.
I think under the fabric is just some foam that somebody in the past tacked on to this sewing stand.
The top is on a hing and opens.
So I will make it back into a little table and clean it up for the youngsters.
It's the perfect size to place a coffee cup or bottle of beer.

I just had to show a close up of the side of the slipcovers.
For my second attempt at slipcovers, they didn't turn out too bad!?!?!
So, guys, it's lunch time, I have to go.
Don't get between me and my food.

On that note,
Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top