Two weeks ago, I finally did this...


Added some pizzaz to my chairs
I have wanted to use these fabric ever since I saw it on a pillow and you know how much of a sucker I am for malachite!

Plust, the chairs were needing this facelift, really, the seats were just so dirty already that I needed to re-cover them fast!

So, now that you've seen the finish product, I want to share with you how I did this super simple re-upholstering project!



STEP 1 :PICK YOUR FABRIC

The 3 I was choosing from
If it's your first time doing this, make sure to not use your Schumacher or any expensive fabric yet.  That way, if you make any major booboo, your heart won't break a lot.

But DO pick a fabric that you love and avoid any stripes with your first try. The reason being, sometimes with stretching when you start re-upholstering, your straight line might go awry and it's not going to look good.

As you can see, other than loving this, it's pattern-less design makes it easy to use.

Robert Allen Malachite Fabric
STEP 2: REMOVE YOUR SEAT CUSHION

Mine only had 3, some have 4.
STEP 3: CUT AWAY



STEP 4: STAPLE AWAY

Make sure you use something like this...

A worthwhile investment for sure
and not this…

Your project will be doomed from the beginning ;-)




STEP 5: NOW, DEAL WITH THE CORNERS

Perhaps the most tricky part to this project, but almost mistake proof, since you can always straighten the fabric by pulling it tighter and stapling it again. Here's how I did mine...




TA-DA!


IF you do make a mistake, removing and re-adjusting  is easy with this…



Make sure too to AVOID THIS

tsk..tsk… The staples from the original Upholstery of this seat

 And also avoid doing this...



STEP 6: SCREW YOUR SEAT BACK AND ENJOY!


Have you done re-upholstering before? Do you have any other tips to share to us? I know a lot of you have done way more than this kind of project which I hope I'll be brave enough to tackle eventually!


Have a Good day!


*VEL* 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top