Ho Kay Kampers!!!!!
This is the last space in Connie and Chris's Vermont home!!!!!
Sooooo....
without more fanfare, let me show you Chris's wine cellar.
What a surprise.....
It's in the basement!!!!!
behind a secret door .........
Chris wanted a rustic country feel, so we had the space lined in old brick.
At the back of the room is a recessed nook I had painted green 
which worked out nicely for a painting he had collected somewhere in his travels, 
or life, 
or shopping, 
or something like that.......
We all thought it would be fun to go for a gothic feel,
 finding the heavily carved oak furniture in a local antique store over by my cabin on lake Sunapee.
I had the shade made out of oiled parchment for the old oil electrified lamp.
Once again, 
you'll have to bare with my fuzzy photos, as I just had the one shot of this space, 
and I've blown up the details.....
anyway.....
The Arts and Crafts chandelier I found in a junky antique store in Newton Massachusetts.
I was shopping with my friend and co-worker (underpaid employee), June...
When we saw this hanging light, I realized it would be perfect for the wine cellar, 
so I grabbed it, hoping Connie would like it.
Luckily she did.
Not all my clients love the gems I find when I'm out and about,
 but that's the way to get the bargains, folks!!!!!
Granted, I still had to have it rewired, add the wax candle slips and have the shades made.....
OK, 
maybe by the time I was done with this sucker it wasn't soooooo cheap, but it still was a great find.
Under the table we stuck an old beat up oriental rug.
I love when they have a lot of wear and the pile's worn down.
Chris had seen the angled storage bins in some ritzy wine store, so that's what he had the builder recreate.
I took this shot before the bins were filled up.
I'm happy to report that 
I HAVE DRUNK WINE FROM THIS CELLAR
AND IT TASTED GOOD!!!!!
On that note,
Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top