My son is currently into his Monsters University obsession and so he really wanted a MU PARTY this time around. And so, as a doting mom, I succumbed to his wishes.

And just like the Holidays, birthday party makes me "wacko" too!
So be prepared for LOTS of pictures!

THE INVITE

I got this from ETSY ℅ SSS Designs Creations for $7.99
Quick tip for printing 5 x 7 invites, SAM's Club has the cheapest price for sure. For the relatively small number I needed, their price can't be beat, believe me, I looked around!

I printed ID cards with the invitees name, cut them and placed it on top of the invite like this using paper tape...


That way they have their ID's already for the party!

THE DECORATIONS


The Appropriate sign as you head down into the basement
Had the different MU Houses photos enlarged and placed on our regular Movie Poster frames

Simple table decoration - GIFT WRAP runner for $1, MU Toy and
Happy Birthday B table decor from Goodwill 24 cents!

Photo Area
Oh what fun.. :-)

Hung MU Ceiling Swirlies all around, blew up our own balloons  and bought Helium ones from the party store!
The upstairs got party-ed up too!


Simple Gift wrap runner

Total Party Scene once the Party lights turned on


Logo and Monster Grab in our Foyer

Guests also need to "Register" and put their ID tags on to join in on the Monster Fun!
I also had the "Monsters University" Song playing in the background to really get all the guests in the mood!


THE FOOD - for kids


I had 2 food stations set-up. One was in the basement which is the one I'm showing here and one for the adults set-up in my Kitchen island. The kiddos had Pizza, hotdogs, popcorn and of course cake!


Hotdogs
Freshly-made popcorn
Squiggly welcomes guests
Drink Station - Punch fountain c/o a friend who lent it to me for the partry
Aren't these Juice Boxes perfect?! 

The Cake
A friend of mine makes these gorgeous and super yummy cakes for me. The biggest one was chocolate and the other 2 small ones were Vanilla. We used Aidan's MU toys he got for Christmas to add on as decors!
It really is very yummy as it is pretty!


The Cake table
See how my little one is eyeing the cake already?!
The Other Birthday Cake Upstairs - A gift from our close friends!!!!!

It's Chow time!

We had food all around the island and the counters! One thing about Filipino parties is that, the guests as well bring food, so there are plenty to choose from and enjoy!

THE GAMES

I sort-of invented the games to go with our theme
Modified "Pin the tail on the Donkey"

Modified Stop Dance instead of just stopping when the music does, they make their scary monster faces! 

Relay using balloons in between the backs of the kids - so much fun!

TOP SCARER GAME - kids team up and do the scariest roar


This is actually a game we play in the Philippines during birthday parties. It's called "PABITIN" in our language ( "hangings" or "anticipation" if translated literally in English). 
See my hubs on the back pulling the rope up and down? This brings this trellis-like contraption with all the toys, up or down, as kids try to grab a toy!

See who can finish wrapping up their partner using Party streamer! Fun, but messy afterwards ;-)


THE GIVE-AWAYS

I only assembled the box, ordered the whole thing ETSY c/o Gina's Magic Designs
This is what it looks like printed out.
Printing cost 49 cents each at staples if you bring your own cardboard paper (which I did), and I just stuffed candies inside! You can also put cereal if you want. :-)


It was truly a memorable and fun birthday party for Aidan. He was counting the days until the party and on the day itself, he was just so happy.


And I think, despite all the hoopla I put into the birthday party, this little guys approval was all that mattered in the end!!!

Have a Great Weekend!

*VEL* 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top