Welcome to my 2nd annual rant about the holiday season.
Being Jewish is not fun at this time of year.
All my Christian friends are distracted and unavailable.
They're out doing things like going on field trips to tree farms to find the perfect Christmas tree.
The ones that have young children are too busy moving that @#$ elf around to have any time to play.
Sooooo.....
I'm pretty much left on my own.
Then
to add salt to the wounds, all the good stuff on TV is postponed for those sickly sweet Christmas shows and movies.
I really don't care if Clarence gets his wings.
I really, really don't.
File:Guardian angel clarence.jpg
Besides, everyone knows that Donna Reed isn't married to James Stewart.
She's married to a pediatrician named Alex!!!!!
Then
every where I go is Christmas music.
The same songs over and over....Every Damn Year!!!!
I am so sick of the sound of Bing Crosby's voice I can't even begin to describe how it sets my teeth on edge.
I DON'T want to have myself a merry little Christmas now,
 or anytime in the future!!!!!

 But, my all time biggest irritant is when someone asks me what I'm doing for Christmas, 
and I answer them sweetly.... 
telling them I have no plans.....
and then they make a big deal about how sad that is.....
so I explain that I don't celebrate Christmas because I'm Jewish.....
and they say.....
"But Christmas is a holiday for everybody!!!!!"

No it isn't!!!!!

It celebrates the birth of the Christian's Savior.
This is not a holiday for everyone.
It's for Christians!!!!!
THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED CHRISTMAS!!!!!
If they still don't get it, I ask them what they're doing for Passover.
They say that they have no plans.....
I tell them that that's so sad....

I could go on, and on, but I'm sure you get my point by now.....

One of my best friends, whose identity will remain anonymous
get's upset about Jews who have taken on the Christmas holiday's customs.
This is a very special holy day for her, and she feels it's being trivialized.
I agree.
This is not a national holiday but a major religious one.
It's not about the decorating, the presents, the food....
ALTHOUGH THAT IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO HONOR THE DAY.
But it is a religious holiday.
Please, leave my Jewish @$$ out of it, I don't need any more food shoved at me when it's cold.
I'm not getting enough exercise as it is, and soon the chairs won't be big enough to hold my Jewish @$$.

On that lovely note,
Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top