As  my kitchen renovation progresses. I start to take notice of little things that I didn't even think of before.

Like this one - the loud banging noise when you shut cabinet doors! Don't you just hate that, aside from the protective cushions you can apply on the corner, I asked my carpenter, what else I could do to minimize this.

Of course, he told me about the soft-closing hinges (saw some at Home Depot about $9/hinge!), which I wasn't about to do since my cabinets are new and I don't want to replace all my new hinges just yet! 

So, I went to Home Depot and got this...


Soft Close Damper

Basically, here's how it works (The one in the video is not the one above, but it works similarly. I could not seem to upload the video for the damper above)...



At $4 a piece, this was exactly what I was looking for and I love it's simplicity (just 1 tiny screw to attach)  and of course, function!!!! 

I am so giddy about this tiny little thing and if you don't have one yet, a screwdriver is all you'll need to install it! Thank goodness for innovations! Hopefuly my ears will 'bang-free' for awhile, at lease in our new kitchen!


Have a Great day!
Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

Linking back to...

Dwellings - the heart of your home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top