Now that I've recovered somewhat from my TURKEY SHOWDOWN....
let's get back to Connie's sun porch.
She wanted a dining area just outside the kitchen French doors, and thinking that it would be exposed to the elements, we chose outdoor wicker.
I mixed up three colors, white, cream and sage green for the wicker pieces.
On the far side of the table, I placed a settee, just in case she had an extra mouth to feed at meal time.
Under the table I had a second floor cloth painted that's the same design as the one placed in the porch's seating area.
Here, you can see the porch eating area, just outside the kitchen.
Over the dining table I hung a French wire moss lined chandelier.
It's not electrified, just holds real candles.
I purchased this piece from a local florist, and had them line the body with sphagnum moss.
Then Connie, in her delirium of joy, stuck a bird in the moss for whimsy's sake.
In this shot, you can see the relationship of the table and chairs to the seating area at the other end of the porch. 
 I forget where this horse came from, but we arranged it on the table as the centerpiece.
So, 
now it's possible to seat "outside" but still be protected from the elements 3 seasons out of the year, while one stuffs one's face and gorges on the view of the mountains....

OK,
let's get back to the turkeys.
Soooooo.....
The past two days the POLICE animal control officer has been hanging out in front of my home, 
waiting for those four @#$ turkeys.
She works from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
The turkeys show up around 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM.
I don't think this is going to work.
They are morning and afternoon eaters.
She is the middle of the day officer.....
OY.
We have now been told that when we go for walks around the pond, we should carry umbrellas with us for protection.
So, that's what I'm doin'.
As for Andie from the blog Divine Theatre who suggested that I stick a feather duster in the back of my pants and strut around like a big ole bird....
Thanks Andie for the helpful tip, I can always count on you for sage advice.
On that note,
Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top