I mentioned before my Mudroom Plans last October wouldn't work out. 
But we still fixed it up last winter because we really needed this closet room for the season. 
And here it is...



First my husband painted the whole room white (Nude White by BEHR)

Much brighter


Than before

Then we added this rubbermaid closet organizer. We chose it because it was light and customizable to the size of the room (  3' x 12') which was very narrow and long, actually it tapers to the very end and the width there is barely 2 feet!


2 drawers for scarves and gloves shoes for the bottom
Now on to the details!



First, I added this huge Kate Spade Sunglass Vinyl Poster I scored on EBAY a while back to cover the Electric box.

Then I added these wooden  coat hooks from CB2 ( 2 sets). I used this because of the narrow space, anything really hooked or sharp might hurt us accidentally, so these flat ones were perfect!




BEFORE

Then I added these  Dot wall decals From TARGET

Used only the gold and black decals. Hooks are perfect for hats, scarves and backpack hanging!
I also added this small mirror and mail organizer.

Mirror - Nate Berkus TARGET clearance
Floating Shelf - TARGET
Mail & Key Holder - TARGET Clearance
Chalkboard - DIY with Spray paint

Another view
I also used the back of the door to hold our batteries & Emergency Flashlights.



And my kitchen step ladder.


That way the whole space was maximized!

The baskets up top hold hats and other out of season items like knit caps and mittens

BEFORE - PROGRESS-AFTER

Come fall and winter time, this closet will be jam-packed again and once again, some sanity will be kept in our household at least.

Hope you have a Great Day!!!!

VEL 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top