When I plundered Michael's for Miriam and Ross's living room, I found a cute little wooden tool box that I placed on the linen press I had previously painted for them.
Now, all I needed to do was find something to put in it.
Since I had filled the vases on the mantel with flowers.....
I didn't want more flowers stuffed in this here box.....
Sooooooo.......
I thought that it would be perfect for holding pots of herbs.
Only problem was.....
Since the two youngsters were about to be new parents, 
I figured that the last thing on their minds was watering any tiny pots of herbs.
Besides.....
There wasn't enough light in the corner of the living room to grown nothin'!!!!!
So,
I did what I always do when I am incredibly lazy and bored.....
I looked on the internet and found some fake herbs!!!!!
I found them HERE.....
Sooooo.....
being the stupendously wonderful aunt that I is....
I bought these for them, and waited impatiently for the arrival of said pots!!!!!

In the mean time.....
Miriam had to outdo me.....
AND GIVE BIRTH TO MY GREAT NEPHEW ....
SOOOOOO.....
by the time I brought these over and put them in the wooden holder.....
it didn't seem like such a big deal.
JEESH.....


I was really happy with the herbs, they looked just like the website pictures.
They were a little short for the wooden box, 
so I set them on a couple of paperback books.
Putting stuff in things...
(how's that for descriptive????)
can make such a difference!!!!!
It really visually warmed up the corner.

Before and after!!!
Talking about before and after....
I just noticed that the larger framed picture propped on the linen press.....
is pictures of Miriam and Ross when they were little, and the smaller picture is them together now!!!!!

I obviously am not the most observant aunt.

On that note.
Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top