Got them for $4 each
Well, surprisingly enough, despite my "black thumb" (which I wrote about HERE),
they have surprisingly held up well and thrived!

BEFORE


AFTER

When I first got them, I was expecting the worse, they weren't exactly in great shape at the start (hence, the clearance bin). But I believe that with our TLC (and bigger pot) they truly are quite remarkable now!


They grew so well that I was able to give 3 of my girlfriends this plant!
I didn't prune them, It turned, out there were 2 in each pot. So I actually ended up paying just $2 per plant?!!! My friends were so happy to get their own fiddle leaf fig too since ours have become so beautiful!

The tallest one so far

My mother-in-law who's an avid gardener in the Philippines, even thought my the Fiddle leaf figs were artificial since they looked so perfect!


What's our secret?
Not much really, but here is what we've been doing and so far, has worked well for these plants:

1) We water these babies generously once  a week in the summer and every 2 weeks in the winter. 

2) I do put some indoor plant fertilizer every 3 months or so (whenever I remember sometimes, so I didn't do this consistently)

3) Aphids can become a problem and nuisance. I just used water with some drops of dish washing soap in them, spray and wipe away. I don't put any oil in the leaves, their just shiny and perfect the way they are.

4) I do trim the bottom (not the top like most experts say) occassionally (like 3x  only since we got them)

5) We did transfer them right away to Bigger Pots for them to grow better! Actually we need to transfer one to a bigger pot soon...

See?
I truly love these plants, and they are perfect touches of green year-round inside our home!

I still want them to look like this though...


Source

So I better get my pruning skills honed right?!

How about you, do you have any indoor plants that makes you happy?

                          Have a Nice Day!

VEL 

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    Top