My Nesting Saga continues and today I just want to share with you another craft/home-made gift that I made for to welcome our baby! Literally, a welcoming wreath that I want to place on our front door once she arrives!

The idea is not my own of course, I got a nice tutorial from Homemade Gifts Made Easy.Com.
There are a lot of video tutorials and different ways of making a diaper wreath, but I find the "Rolled Diaper Wreath" the best and so one day, I made one, actually two...

1) Roll your Diaper and hold it in place with a rubber band. Then hot glue a piece of ribbon which overlaps one on top of each other - that way, the diaper can still be used afterwards.


2) I then hot glued the rolled diapers ribbon side onto my wooden wreath form all around.



3) I added a second type of ribbon, criss-crossing with the original one for 2 reasons - first, to make it prettier, second, to hold the diaper in place.


This is what it looks like on the back
4) I added a big bow up top.


5) I then got these super cute dolls from Dollar tree ( black haired & Brown-skinned like us of course ;-)), and attached them at the bottom of my wreaths



Here it is!
Isn't it adorable? I added a second bow up top using an "IT'S A GIRL" ribbon I re-used from a Diaper cake our baby got.

Closer view
I made two since we have 2 front doors and I think when we finally come home, it will make everything feel more special !

Have to still hang them outside when the time comes. 


I think this would make awesome and special gifts since they are hand-made and always, will be one-of-a-kind!


3 more weeks to go!

Have a Wonderful Weekend!

VEL 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top