Ok,  a little ' Kitchen Break'.
 I want to share with you the nitty gritty of things in my CRAFT ROOM. You may be wondering HOW I ever came to this...



From this....


Aside from the painting (which I will share at a later post), organizing a small space full of stuff can be daunting. So I did what  a lot of professional organizers advice - PURGE, PURGE, PURGE.

I also have a ton of magazines that are now placed  on a bookshelf inside a closet across the room





Organized them by Dates..




I also made these, actually, covered these...

Bought this for 10 cents a piece


Stitch, though cute, does not really 'fit' in this space.

I also covered this with fabric...


Regular Joe Cork board from TARGET

A Much Better Inspiration board!


Added a lot of storage here...




All from IKEA when I went shopping there last March with Charmaine.

I also bought 2 of these Dwell Studio bins on clearance months ago for my grift wraps. One for birthdays and other occasions, the other, just for Christmas.




I also learned that organizing a space isn't much fun if you don't have the  pretty stuff that you want to put up  and show off too!

Hence I added these...

My catalog Cover wall art

Cute quotes from Oprah Magazine

Residency pics, A thrift store little girl art and a favorite cabinet from a Catalog!

My 2 boys - The other frame made by my son when he was still in 2nd grade :-) + Dollar puzzle from TARGET

Dollar tree gold frames with fave pics from Catalogs and a FUN picture of my family
My Cute Lamp and Elephant from Jonathan Adler :-)

I got rid of things I hardly used, tossed them into a donation box or trash.
Actually, I did not end up throwing out a lot since once I organized everything, I eventually found a place for more things!

Any tips you got up your sleeves when it comes to organizing?

Have a Great Weekend!

Featured in...

Our Home Away from Home
BeBetsy, Smashingly good living

Linking up to...

Link Party #1 - Fidler Under one Roof
Feathered Nest Friday - French Country Cottage
Weekend Bloggy Link Party - Serenity Now
Serenity Saturday - Serenity you
Show & Tell - Be Different Act Normal

Make It Pretty Monday #48 -The Dedicated House
Inspire Me Tuesday 163 - A Stroll thru life
Tuesdays at our home - Our home away from home
Terrific Teusdays 62 - Adventures of a DIY mom
Share it Link party 61 - The Winthrop Chronicles
Tasteful Tuesdays 57 - Nap time Creations
Brag About it Tuesday 3- VMG 206

Wow Me Wednesday - Gingersnap Crafts
Wow Us Wednesday 117 - Savvy Southern Style
Made by Me 79 - Jaqs Studio
Create & Share - The Trendy Treehouse

Amaze Me Monday #5 - Dwellings the Heart of your Home
Transformation Thursday 203 - The Shabby Creek Cottage

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top