I know, I know, Laundry room again?! I guess I am a bit fixated on getting at least one room in the house DONE and OVER WITH! ;-)

Like most of you, I spend a lot of time here - hence, I have a speaker and Ipad stand to watch my movies and shows while I'm doing this humdrum chore.

So, last weekend, I did some sprucing up again in this space (No, I am not done, almost there, but not yet). Here is what I did - first, I added more art....


Framed Vintage Adds for less $1 each!

Isn't this what you would like to feel when doing your laundry?! Happy, carefree like
Maria in "Sound of Music"! ;-)

We also got a plumber to add us a utility sink. And to make the sink "more pleasing to the eye" I decorated it a bit...


Added a towel bar/drying rack atop from Walmart - $15
Laundry Canvas Art on clearance from Kohls at $8

Also coordinated these these using Chalkboard spray paint!

Over on the other side, we added a spot for our beloved "Inday" - our MINT! You know how much I love (and need) this gadget, so I had hubby help build a shelf for her and all her stuff!


No more looking for stuff all over the house - i hope!
I also update my storage organization... The labels for the basket is a D-I-Y project which I'll share with you guys later on

All nice and neatly organized stuff

Trying to switch to earth-friendly cleaners and laundry stuff with Mrs. Meyers
The cute vintage ruler crate is from the the local "Walker's Bluff General Store"

Baskets are from Target - on sale for $6.99
Challkboard labels were made by yours truly

Fishies stuff on the left and other non-categorizable stuff on the right

I do want to get rid of  some of these bottles and cleaners someday

 The 2 decorative cans were Iced tea containers and I modge-podged them using old gift wrap - been with me for 4 years now!

Rusty Iron got a doorstop from antique store - $5

I still have to paint the cabinets here as well as the ironing board cover, add a decorative valence on the window, and I think, after that, I would consider this room DONE!

Have a Great day!

Linking back to My Uncommon Slice of Subrubia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top