I have always wanted to make an Advent calendar for my kids.

So when I saw this...

Cassie's Cute Advent Calendar over at "Hi Sugarplum"

... I immediately knew that this would be the type of Advent calendar I could do and try to tweak into my own version in the very limited abount of time I had - like 2 days before Dec. 1st?!:-)

So, by using these...

Old Magnetic White Board

Some Magnets & Favor tins from "Hobby Lobby" + a Paper Mache'
Ornament star
 Plus some foam stickers, contact paper that I already had.

I came up with this...

Tada!

You may be thinking where the numbers are right? Well they are inside, at the bottom of each tin!


See..


And on the flip-side, I placed small notes from Mom and Dad about the type of gift they'll be getting for that particular day!
I Then added the candies.. ( M& M's and Cadburry)

Here it is with all the gifts for all 25 days

Most of the gifts are just candy and fun knick-knacks from the Dollar Store, but I think they will enjoy opening and finding out what the gift for the day is. :-)



My little one was the most excited when he saw this and opened the first tin early in the morning!

Thank you so much Cassie for sharing this wonderful idea!!!

Have a happy week!


Linking back to Dare to DIY, Tuesdays Treasures, Carolyn's Homework, Holiday Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top